For the base
225g plain flour
100g caster sugar
For the topping
175g caster sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 x 397g can condensed milk
200g chocolate, broken into pieces (I prefer Green & Blacks Milk Choc for this)
1. Set the oven to 160C/gas2. Lightly grease a 20cm x 33cm oblong tin.
2. Place all the ingredients for the base into bowl and smoosh together with a wooden spoon until they form a smooth dough.
3. Press the mixture into the base of the tin and prick with a fork. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until golden and firm. Set aside to cool.
4. To make the topping, place the butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted.
5. Bubble the mixture gently for five to eight minutes, stirring all the time until thick and fudge-like. Pour over the cold shortbread in an even layer. Leave to cool.
6. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
7. Pour the chocolate over the toffee and leave to set. Cut into small squares and store in an airtight tin.
New painting and a reminder for email readers.
3 months ago